Sunday, January 1, 2017

From the Scriptorium: January 2017



January 2017 Edition

I hope that you have all enjoyed a blessed Christmas and wish you wonderful adventures and experiences in 2017!

My efforts over the past month have been unexpectedly divided. Though I've continued working on Mary's story in Queen of Martyrs, I have more exciting book news to share with you. Read more about the upcoming In Bed with the British below.

Did anyone receive any amazing new history or historical fiction for Christmas? I would love to hear about your favorite new books - especially if they are mine! Two books that I received are Everyday Life in Medieval London and The Medieval Housewife, both by Toni Mount. Now I am looking forward to many winter evenings curled up snug under a blanket with some fun new research.

Interested in what writers read? You can see my Top 10 Reads of 2016 by stopping over at BookLikes. It is a great place for bookish conversation and sharing of the love of reading.



Upcoming Event

The Michigan Library Association has invited me to participate in their upcoming Spring Institute! During their Evening with an Author in Frankenmuth, Michigan, I will be there to talk about reading, writing, and history. I can't wait! If you are in Michigan, join me at the Spring Institute on March 29, 2017. For more information on the Spring Institute, click here.





Bookish News

I have super exciting bookish news this month! I am honored to be involved in a nonfiction book project with six other respected authors. In Bed with the British will explore romance throughout history. Knights in shining armor saving damsels in distress? Maybe sometimes, but get the real story from Pen & Sword Books this summer.






Featured Reviews

I am especially thrilled to share this five star review for Faithful Traitor by Readers' Favorite!

Review of Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen by author Robin Levin.




Did You Miss It?

In less than 24 hours, The Image of His Grandfather became my second most viewed post of all time! How similar do you think Edward IV and Henry VIII were?

It was a good month for blog posts because this one on my visit to York quickly gained many views as well. If you have ever dreamed of walking along York's medieval wall or strolling through the Shambles, check it out!

I was also pleased to welcome historical fantasy author Mary Anne Yarde to my blog this month to celebrate the release of her new addition to the Du Lac Chronicles, Du Lac Devil. Learn more about how she uses the blend of history and myth found in King Arthur to inspire her series.

You want it? You got it!

What would you love to see in next months newsletter? Have a topic you'd like to see addressed in a blog post? Let me know and I will do my best to deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment